Skills development is a priority element which amounts to 20 points (and 5 bonus points) of your total scorecard points. The minimum of 40% of the points within this element must be scored to avoid dropping a level.
Companies can only score points on skills development if there is sufficient evidence indicating that black people are being trained in scarce and critical skills. This means that a company can include training conducted on any person that satisfies the definition of black as per the BBBEE Codes of Good Practise regardless of employment status.
Unique Value Proposition
|Problem||How we solve it|
|Lack of entrepreneurial/business skills||· Accredited New Venture Creation Curriculum (NQF 4)
· Experiential Learning
|Lack of funding||· Monthly Stipend (We encourage learners to use some of their stipend on the business development process and test their minimum viable products/services)
· Investor readiness module
· Regular pitching events
|Lack of access to markets||· Alumni Networks
· Marketing and Sales Strategies
· SME movement affiliation
Why choose Startup Academy SA as your preferred skills development partner
- When a Learnership is successfully completed, the employer claims an allowance of R 30 000 for each completed 12 months of the Learnership. So if it was a 2-year Learnership, the employer claims an allowance of R 60 000. If the Learnership was for 30 months, the employer’s allowance in the year of completion is also R 60 000, because two full periods of 12 months has been completed. No completion allowance is claimable until the Learnership is successfully completed.
- Any grant funding received from your SETA still becomes part of your expenditure.
- You can claim points for training in skills development, supplier development or enterprise development.
- In addition to claiming learnership grants from your SETA, you can also claim a tax incentive when you register a learnership agreement with your SETA.
- The table below indicates the monetary value of your tax claims based on the number of learners in your learnership:
|Number of learners||Total Learnership Tax Allowance Claimable|
|100||R 8 000 000|
|500||R 40 000 000|